Not Enough Time For Helsinki? 05/2011
Helsinki is the capital and the largest city in Finland. Approximately around 600 000 people live in the city as of now.
Helsinki always appears in tops of world ratings of cities with the best quality of life. But what I can say for sure – you won’t find Helsinki in the ratings of the most picturesque cities, not even close. Of course, may be half of a day is not enough to feel the city, sure I can take it. Nonetheless, it seems like Helsinki does not have its own unique appearance. Still have plans to come again and spend more time here.
1. Uspenski Cathedral (Uspenskin katedraali) in Helsinki is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral.
2. Monument to russian tsar Alexander II who also was the King of Finland from 1855 to 1881.
3. Helsinki Cathedral (Helsingin tuomiokirkko) – main Finnish Evangelical Lutheran cathedral. It was completed in 1852.
4. Atlases at the main entrance of Helsinki Central Station (Helsingin päärautatieasema).
5. Nice looking building of the Stockmann mall (Helsingin keskusta).
6. Nokia is everywhere in Finland – even the production of TV-sets.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.