First Time in Lviv 09/2010
Lviv – the largest city in the West part of the Ukraine with the population around 1 mln people. The city was founded in 1256 by Danylo Halytskyi though the very first archeological evidences are dated back to the V century.
I can say with a very big confidence that Lviv is the most beautiful city in the Ukraine. The mix of epochs and styles created such an amazing place that if you have possibility to go there one more time – do it.
1. St. George’s Cathedral in Lviv. It was built in 1744. Now is considered to be the main cathedral for Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church.
2. The Bernardine church and monastery in Lviv. Was built in XV c.
3. Well… That’s the real life inside the XVII c. historical building.
4. The Dominican church and monastery in Lviv. It was monumented in 1749 on the ground of old roman church dated 1370-1375.
5. Lviv Theatre of Opera and Ballet – The Solomiya Krushelnytska Lviv State Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet.
The building was constructed between 1897 and 1900.
6. Beautiful city panorama from the top of the Castle Hill.