Zakynthos: A Must-Visit Destination – 06/2019
Welcome to Zakynthos, a breathtaking Greek island nestled in the serene waters of the Ionian Sea. As the third-largest among the Ionian islands, Zakynthos boasts an array of natural wonders and cultural treasures that will leave you in awe. Let’s embark on a journey to explore this enchanting destination.
Zakynthos is renowned for its pristine beaches, where the gentle waves caress the soft sands, and the crystalline waters invite you to dive in. Picture yourself basking in the sun, surrounded by the beauty of Navagio Beach. This secluded paradise can only be reached by boat, adding a sense of exclusivity to its allure. With its ivory sands, translucent azure waters, and dramatic cliffs, Navagio Beach consistently ranks among the world’s most stunning coastal gems.
Another hidden gem on Zakynthos is Porto Vromi Beach. Nestled within a secluded cove, this small beach is a haven of tranquility. Here, you can relish the clear waters, marvel at the lush vegetation that embraces the shoreline, and revel in the awe-inspiring vistas that unfold before your eyes. Whether you’re swimming, sunbathing, or embarking on a scenic hike, Porto Vromi Beach promises an unforgettable experience.
Beyond its captivating beaches, Zakynthos beckons with a rich tapestry of history and culture. The Venetian Castle of Zakynthos stands as a testament to the island’s past. Constructed in the 16th century by the Venetians, this majestic castle sits atop a hill, commanding panoramic views of Zakynthos city and its surroundings. Immerse yourself in the enchanting atmosphere as you explore the castle’s historic walls and marvel at the vistas that unfold beneath your feet.
Another must-visit landmark on Zakynthos is the Monastery of Saint Dionysios. Founded in the 15th century, this spiritual retreat resides in the idyllic village of Anafonitria. Journey through time as you step into this sacred sanctuary, which houses a wealth of significant religious relics. The monastery’s serene ambiance and intricate architecture make it a cherished destination for pilgrims and visitors alike.
Zakynthos is a true gem, offering a harmonious blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. Whether you seek a rejuvenating escape or an adventure-filled getaway, this captivating island caters to your desires. Discover pristine beaches, immerse yourself in crystal-clear waters, savor breathtaking vistas, and embark on a journey through history and culture. Zakynthos awaits, ready to enchant your senses and create lasting memories.
Here are some additional details about the clear water and amazing color of the sea on Zakynthos:
- The water on Zakynthos is some of the clearest in the world. This is due to the fact that the island is surrounded by a number of underwater caves and reefs. The caves and reefs help to filter the water, making it crystal clear.
- The color of the sea on Zakynthos is a vibrant blue. This is due to the fact that the water is very shallow in some areas. The shallow water allows the sunlight to penetrate deeper, giving the water its beautiful blue color.
Here are some tips for visiting Zakynthos:
- The best time to visit Zakynthos is during the spring or fall. The weather is mild during these months, and there are fewer tourists.
- If you are planning to visit Navagio Beach, be sure to arrive early in the day. The beach can get very crowded, especially in the summer.
- If you are looking for a more secluded beach, try Porto Vromi Beach. This beach is located in a small cove and is less crowded than Navagio Beach.
- Be sure to try some of the local cuisine while you are on Zakynthos. The island is known for its fresh seafood and traditional Greek dishes.
I hope this helps!